1. A root canal won’t ask you if it can call you later.
2. Root canals take place in a small room with, perhaps, quiet music playing in the background.
3. Root canals usually have a predictable time they will end.
4. During a root canal, no one expects you to respond with witty conversation.
5. Two words: nitrous oxide.
6. A root canal is less like pulling teeth for an introvert.
7. One, or at most two, people at a time.
8. If you say something stupid, everybody blames the nitrous.
9. You have something to grip.
10. You’re not expected to invite the dentist over to your place next time.
11. BONUS: Dentists usually use good mouthwash.