The Wisdom from an 86-Year-Old Appalachian Woman
1. Jiggle your way to a healthier you!
Eat jello and feel healthy.
Jello helps keep your legs as limber as a 15-year-old.
The gelatin helps keep your bones good and sturdy.
2. The Bible says "as long as you've got work to do he'll keep you here."
3. Stop going to church after your husband dies.
Just stay at the house.
Every night before you retire for bed play "Amazing Grace" on your guitar and sing.
Singing "Amazing Grace" and eating jello will tide you over for the night.
4. Live life just like you want to or else you've wasted the whole thing.
If you sit down to do what somebody else wants you to do that ain't living.
Don't let anyone get in your way.
If somebody gets in the way, go around them.
5. Don't fool with anything that will cause you to regret it.
6. Stay in motion.
If you sit down you know you're gonna get big and fat and you won't even be able to get out of your wheelchair.
Lay flat on the floor on a pad or a mattress
Twist one leg over - then you twist the other leg over
Then you roll the left side of your back over and then the right side
You'll be able to twist all of that weight off of you.
"See look at me. I'm just as limber as a dishrag"
It's feels wonderful to share some of her wisdom with you.