Things I learned while taking a decorating class
I'm taking a class from the School of Joy. It is called Design A Home You Love.
1. I do have a visual style.
I used to wonder why I didn't like some styles, but I couldn't find what I like. The class is teaching me how to identify what I like and why some spaces bother me.
2. Color can have an amazing impact on our feelings about our space
3. Light can have an impact on how we view our space
4. Sound should not be ignored in evaluating our space
5. I should be more concerned about how a space makes me feel than whether it looks like a magazine.
6. The class is teaching me how to discern what I don't like about a space using Key Aesthetics and how to fix it.
Using what she calls Aesthetics of Joy - I have been able to identify what elements are needed to correct problems or 'tune up' the energy in a space. I want more Energy in my space, More Natural Things (Plants) and to bring in a sense of Play and Harmony. I also need to declutter in a big way %).