Things to Consider when Designing a New Fishing Lure.
I’ve often thought I might like to design my own fishing lure. But it seems like every possible iteration has been done. So if I were to do it what parameters would I need to consider? Please add any thoughts or comments. Thank You.
1. Single species or multi purpose?
2. What material / materials would I use?
3. Hooks. How many and what type?
Do I start with a single size or offer a small range of sizes?
Polished? Drab? Paint? Appliqué?
6. Once type of finish or finishes desired you would still have to decide on Color.
7. Does it need a sound attractor?
8. Does it need a vibration attractor?
Yes or No? If yes, which ones?
Should I aim for a price point and work backward to create a design which fits or let all the other factors dictate the price?