We had an optional day at school today and VERY few children showed up--now we're thinking of fun things to do!
1. Study WHAT YOU WANT!
If you're interested in a field, go and look at it, see what you want to do, and make notes...do your own research!
2. Go on a Hike!
It's beautiful outside! We're going for a long, long walk.
4. Go to lunch together at a restaurant
5. Buy a book of their choice for each child here.
7. Write out ALL of our goals together, and have a talk about achieving them.
9. A "regular" day, with just fewer people. Core skills, project learning, smaller discussions.
10. Read books we want to do all day long.
12. Vote on a 3-4 hour field trip of where to go
13. Find a place to volunteer. Go to the food shelter and ask to work.
14. Writing exercise: what would my perfect life be like in 25 years?
15. Go visit another school like ours and see how they're doing today.
17. Tour a police station.
18. Visit a job/profession that they think they'd like to do when they get older.
19. Record a podcast together.
20. Have them write letters to their parents.
21. Create a business for next session.
22. Work on School Badges (Leadership, Reader, Service, etc)
23. Life Lessons from Dad discussion.
24. Read from "We're Not Strangers" card game and answer the questions.
25. Volunteer brainstorm.