Travel can help you escape
You can travel and still never acheive your personal escape velocity. Here are some examples of how to accomplish your escape
The longer you spend traveling, the easier it is to escape.
2. Get away from your fellow travelers
Don't go to the same market as your 2000 fellow cruise travelers
3. Don't travel somewhere else just to do the same thing.
Did you really travel 30 or 300 or 3000 miles to eat at McDonalds?
While it is not necessary to travel far to find escape, distance does often make it easier.
5. Struggle with a different culture and language
The more you try to interact with the locals where they are and not make them try to meet you where you're at, the more of an escape you'll experience.
6. Avoid Schedules, Reservations, etc
Spontaneity can be a path to escape
7. Do something you've never done before
Or do something you enjoy in a completely new way.
8. Eat something you've never eaten before
9. Don't over research or plan
Yes, it's nice to know before you go but the more you know in advance the less there is to Discover.
10. Ditch your device
We all say this, but how many actually do it? Try it.