Trout season readiness list
1. Fresh line on all the poles
2. Do some scouting to determine where to be on opening day
3. Keep an eye on the weather
The answer is no, but I'll likely end up buying a few new lures anyway.
4. Do I need some new tackle?
5. I’ve got three experiments planned
One year, multi species, same company.
6. On one pole I’m going to use only lures from one company.
This simple form of fishing is almost always overlooked today. I want to practice all the different ways to catch fish using just stick and string.
7. I’m also going to try to fish with a simple cane pole all year long.
Tenkara is a Japanese form of fly fishing that is similar to using a cane pole. No reel, fixed length of line, etc. Fly fishing has always interested me but also been a little intimidating. This might be a more accessible route.
8. I would like to try Tenkara
I say this every season.
9. Spend more time on the water.
Related to #9. Another project that I'm always "getting around to". Maybe if I tell enough people, peer pressure will ensure I follow through.