Ways American Airlines could make more money
I would love to be the CEO of an Airline. It is a notoriously bad stock investment. But lets turn that around, there are so many things they could be doing to diversify their income outside of just flights.
1. Physical products - AA luggage, pajamas etc.
2. eCommerce store - Sell their own products and 3rd party products
3. AA liquor and food - They have a built in testing audience on flights - Sell branded food to grocery stores
4. AA media - Shows, movies, podcasts - captive audience
6. AA social media site - travel photos - advertising
7. This should be toward the top of the list - AA airport convenience store - Think 7/11 but AA
8. AA car service - pick you up and drop you off at the airport
10. More AA lounges outside of airports that people could pay to use - almost like a country club
11. AA private jet service - Uber for private planes