We only get one shot so make the most of it.
A professional acquaintance wished his daughter a happy 19th birthday on Facebook. He and I have been FB friends since 2008, so pretty much all of his daughter's life. This got me to thinking. 15 years is a big chunk of our lives. This is a good prompt to take a quick personal inventory to assess things.
1. Have you done interesting things?
2. Have you gone to interesting places?
3. Have you learned anything new about topics you're interested in?
4. Have you found new things to learn about?
5. Are your relationships getting stronger?
6. Are you making a positive impact?
I realize this may not be important to everyone but it is to me.
7. Are you progressing in your career?
This isn't necessarily important to everyone, not a big one for me.
8. Is life getting easier
If not, why not?
9. Are you generally staying healthy?
If not, what can you do about it?
10. Are you happy?
If not, what can you change?