What are 10 problems for society that will be caused by AI in the next 5 years?
1. There will be a battle in the marketplace and the public square about AI vs. human creatives and the value of their respective products.
2. AI will begin learning from other AI creating an endless confirmation bias loop.
3. Entire new areas of tort law, criminal law, vehicle and traffic law, etc. will have to be created.
Probably through lengthy and expensive litigation.
4. More people will suffer feelings of inadequacy and insecurity.
5. Groupthink will become even more common place.
6. Which in turn will stifle contrarian or revolutionary thinking.
7. Unfortunately, the majority of humanity will become more complacent and less willing to do the hard work that comes with true independence and freedom.
8. At some point, AI will stop following commands and prompts.
9. All of this will create more distrust and division.
10. Critical thinking will become even more rare. And more important.
In the same manner as many people trust computer modeling implicitly, they will trust the AI. In many cases, this will be the correct choice. But it will inevitably lead to a few catastrophic failures as well without humans with the ability to "feel" when something doesn't add up.