What big mistakes did your teachers / professors make?
1. Underestimate my ability
2. Overestimate my willingness
3. Tell me in advance their political views
4. Treating all students the same
Probably needs clarification: Students learn, interact, and respond differently. Treating them all the same will leave some students behind or out entirely.
5. Making assumptions on students’ abilities
6. Telling me attendance didn’t matter
I mostly agree with this policy but it pretty much ensured I wasn’t showing up for class.
7. Using the “smart kid’s” paper as the answer sheet.
Yep. It happened. When we caught her, it was very funny.
8. Inadvertently letting student’s know that the teacher placed his students in mental “categories”
Brainiac, clown, loser, jock, etc