1. They treated us as equals in the learning process.
2. They held open discussions after the official class ended each session.
3. They became friends outside of the classroom.
4. They helped me with major life decisions.One professor was the driving force behind my decision to go to Cuba for medical school, which became a foundational turning point in my life.
5. They welcomed and expected our contributions to the classroom.
6. They were passionate about their area of study.
7. They shared stories from their lives related to what we were learning.
8. They empowered us to share teaching responsibilities.
9. They were interested in how our personal experiences shaped our relationship with the topics.
10. They allowed anyone interested to take the class, whether officially enrolled for credit or not.