Why a Rollerball Pen Could be The Ideal Writing Tool
The idea came from @nikolafisher and her post on fountain pens. I love my rollerball pen and use it for taking notes and drawing.
1. The liquid ink somehow makes the writing process smoother
2. A rollerball pen uses standard ink cartridges
In my area, these ink cartridges are cheap, and they come in many colors.
3. You have a guaranteed working pen
When an ink cartridge is empty, you simply swap it out for the spare cartridge that's in the rollerball pen's handle.
4. Rollerball pens are relatively cheap
Mine cost about € 12. The ink cartridges are cheap too. This makes writing cheaper on average than using a ballpoint pen.
5. A writing tool that offers less resistance
Writing and drawing is easier than with a fountain pen. The rollerball pen is easier to move in all directions. A small disadvantage is that hairline effects in calligraphy are very difficult to achieve.
6. A rollerball pen spills less than a fountain pen or ballpoint pen
7. Great for drawing
It makes a nice and clean line.