Why We Should Protect Human Made Art
This sparked more questions for discussion in my mind than perhaps answers:-)
1. Art is an expression of humanity
2. Artificial Intelligence mimics and perhaps improves on human processes but isn't the process itself
3. Human made art is the ingredient for artificial intelligence. Without fresh human produced ingredients AI would be dead
4. Friedrich Nietzsche's "God is dead." Because we have killed him? Humans are the "god" that created art that artificial intelligence mimics. Without humans art has no reason to exist.
...or is it art its own thing apart from humanity that can exist on its own terms independent of humanity?
5. Art has no meaning outside of humanity unlike mathematics which does
If we were to communicate with aliens it would likely be through math instead of art (or music) the latter of which would be incomprehensible?
6. The human experience of creating art is more meaningful than the result
"the journey is more meaningful than the destination"
7. Even though human beings can relate to each other and have common experiences, the human experience is not a commodity. AI is a commodifier.
8. Human made art like human made crafts may be more valuable than manufactured products
9. It is not either/or. Humans will make use of AI to enhance human made art.
10. Human beings can be inspired and inspire others. Can AI be inspired?
Although I can see how AI generated art could inspire human beings...