1. Me: "Don’t you think you ought to stop now?"
2. You "How can I stop? I’ve invested s great of time and money trying to turn this dream into a reality. I got to get something out of it."
3. Me: "Well what if you don’t? What if what you thought was real was really an illusion? You’ve been at this thing for 25 years now."
4. You: "Yes, I know that."
5. Me: "All these people on social media are watching you."
6. You: "The devil with people on social media! I’m not concerned with people, I’m concerned with winning at any cost."
7. You: "The way the world treats you is inhuman. The way it lets you win a little and then it takes all back."
8. You: "It teases you. It holds out promises and wheedles you. It sucks you in and then…you lose."
9. You: "I put in 5, get back 4. I put in 6, I get back 5. But it’s got to pay off. Sooner or later it’s just got to."