10 Benefits of Going to Prison
Not that I have plans to go anytime soon.
1. You can strength train all day long.
Many prisoners have access to free weights, and even if they don't, they can do pushups, crunches, and pullups all day long.
2. You can get a lot of reading done.
Often prisoners have access to books or even entire libraries.
3. You get three free meals every day.
Three hots and a cot.
4. You never have to drive a commute to work.
Right away, you've eliminated one of the most miserable experiences someone in the outside world goes through.
5. You can learn a new skill.
Prisoners commonly do jobs such as woodworking, plumbing, groundskeeping, farming, and manufacturing, among other skill-based labor.
6. You can watch plenty of television.
I think they play a lot of Judge Judy in prison.
7. You can become a teacher.
Prisoners may have the opportunity to teach classes to other prisoners.
8. You can study to receive a certification or degree.
I've read that there is a federal pell grant available for prisoners to earn college degrees while incarcerated.
9. You can go into the ministry.
Some prisons have programs to train inmates to become ministers in the church.
10. You have time to write a book.
Or multiple books.