10 Benefits of Walking
I'm recovering from long-term ankle and heal injuries, including platelet-rich plasma injections I had at those sites nine weeks ago, so I've been doing more walking than running lately. I've discovered there are many benefits to walking that I didn't always experience when running.
1. My thoughts become more clear.
2. New ideas more readily emerge.
3. It's easier to notice the details of my surroundings.
4. It's easier to meet and talk with people, or to simply pass them by and say 'hello.'
5. If I allow myself to feel a part of the nature around me, the experience can be meditative.
6. While not nearly as challenging as running, I can make walking a physical challenge that my body and mind must overcome.
7. I can do it anywhere, anytime.
8. It helps to erase any anxiety I may be feeling.
9. Unlike running, I can drink coffee while walking (a major win!).
10. It can serve as a great way to wake up in the morning, to break up a busy workday, or to relax in the evening.
Nicolaand 2 more liked this