10 Best Coffee Shops in Arizona
Coffee shops are hugely important in my life. For one, well, they serve COFFEE.
But since I work from wherever I want, I like to travel around the state and find great coffee shops in which to earn my keep. So, I've experienced a lot of places and have identified characteristics that I believe make a great coffee shop.
I classify a high-quality coffee shop by:
1) how welcoming it feels.
2) whether or not it feels pretentious (it shouldn't).
3) whether or not the wi-fi is strong and reliable.
4) whether or not I feel comfortable pulling out my laptop and getting work done.
5) the crowd (outdoorsy and laid-back people = yes; snooty people rushing off to work after they make a fuss about the amount of foam in their triple chocolate organic oatmilk lattes = no).
6) the baristas (hip young regulars who remember me and treat me like a treasured friend = A+ awesome).
7) and, of course, above all, the coffee. Rich, dark, full of buzz, and locally-roasted are ideal characteristics.
They don't have to check every box above, but the more the better.
If you find yourself in Arizona, consider this list your guide!
- Black Cat Coffee in Scottsdale/Arcadia.
- Maverick Coffee in Scottsdale.
- Lola Coffee in Scottsdale/Arcadia.
- Cabin Coffee Cafe in Glendale.
- Cuppers Coffee House in Prescott.
- Cartel Coffee Lab in Old Town Scottsdale.
- Cartel Coffee Lab in Tucson.
- Mountain View Thai Coffee in Fountain Hills.
1. Firecreek Coffee in Flagstaff (where I'm at right now).
2. Bisbee Coffee Company in Bisbee.
https://bisbeecoffee.com (image from tripadvisor.com)
3. Cartel Coffee Lab in Tempe.
4. Late for the Train in Flagstaff.
5. Wild Iris Coffeehouse and Bakery in Prescott.
https://wildiriscoffee.com (image from tripadvisor.com)
6. Echo Coffee in Scottsdale.
https://www.echocoffee.shop (image from phoenixnewtimes.com)
7. Macy's European Coffee House and Bakery in Flagstaff.
http://macyscoffee.net (image from downtownflagstaff.org)
8. The Grotto in Cave Creek.
9. Gold Bar Espresso in Tempe.
https://www.facebook.com/TempeGoldBarEspresso (image from tripadvisor.com)
10. Common Grounds Coffee House in Payson.