10 funniest movie lines
There are so many: each of these movies could have 10 of their own!
- Firefly: Not that I care, but where is your husband?
- Mrs. Teasdale: Why, he's dead.
- Firefly: I'll bet he's just using that as an excuse.
- Mrs. Teasdale: I was with him to the very end.
- Firefly: Hmmph. No wonder he passed away.
- Mrs. Teasdale: I held him in my arms and kissed him.
- Firefly: Oh, I see. Then, it was murder. Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first.
- Mrs. Teasdale: He left me his entire fortune.
- Firefly: Is that so? Can't you see what I'm trying to tell you? I love you! [jumps into her arms]
- Mrs. Teasdale: Oh, your Excellency!
- Firefly: You're not so bad yourself.
1. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. If you had another brain you would die of loneliness - Cheech to Chong in Next Movie
Part of why I find this funny is because I don't really get it. The delivery is hysterical.
3. No shoes, no shirt, no dice! - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
4. There is a fine line between clever and stupid. - Spinal Tap
5. Now John Bohnham is playing Moby Dick for real! - Stepbrothers drumset scene
6. I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley! - Airplane
7. Almost any line from Duck Soup -the Marx Brothers
This movie is one of the greatest of all time. It is a constant stream of zingers and one-liners. Here's a piece of a scene:
8. Lighten up Francis - Stripes
Lots of funny lines in this movie with Bill Murray and John Candy. This particular line became a kind of a meme in the 80s. Great movie.
9. It ain’t a fit night out for man or beast! - WC Fields in The Fatal Glass Of Beer
This was a short, but still technically a movie. He delivered this line over and over again right before getting a face full of movie snow delivered in the way that only WC Fields can.
10. “11 and a half inches.” Wiggle wiggle! - Rodney Dangerfield in Easy Money
When he was getting his inseam measured for the launch of the regular guy look clothing line. Another great movie.