10 of my favorite Music Examples of Idea Sex
A good cover of a song can't just repeat the song. It has to take the song and do "idea math" on it (see prior list on idea math). Mashup with another style, add something special, subtract something (e.g. make it just acoustic), etc.
A good cover/mashup/music idea sex will get millions of views just by piggybacking off the quality of the two songs/styles being mashed together.
Here are ten examples:
1. "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" meets Beethoven
2. "Gangstas Paradise" meets vintage 1920 music - 19mm views
3. Gregorian Chants meets Hip Hop
4. Linkin Park's "In the End" meets EPIC Movie trailer song.
5. "Bohemian Rhapsody" done in 42 different styles
6. Dr Dre Mashup meets Classical Piano
7. Astronauts meet Space Oddity
As one commenter said, "Chris trained in music all his life so he could play this song in space":