10 popular thoughts that I disagree with
Thanks @DrFritzS, great idea for a list.
1. Israel is an evil colonialist state
2. Responsibility for fights in a relationship is always shared 50/50
Not when it's abusive.
3. People are bad
4. People are good
5. Love conquers all
6. Life sucks
I mean, okay, it does sometimes.
7. Work is inherently a burden
8. (insert whatever) should be free
I recently realized that no, it's not ridiculous that water isn't free. There's a whole system that needs to be maintained for you to get water. If you want free water, it's possible: just go to a lake or a river and filter it yourself.
9. Religion is responsible for most of the evil in the world
I used to believe this. Now I'm not so sure.
10. There are no shortcuts
How do you define a shortcut? There are always tricks to make something more efficient, quicker, better, etc.
Depending on how you learn a skill, I'm sure some people can make the same amount of progress in 2 years as someone else will in 10 years, just by working smarter rather than harder. I don't particularly speak from experience but this seems rather obvious to me.