1. Everyone has a mother who loves them.
2. Treating someone poorly drains you of energy as much as it hurts the other person.
3. Being kind opens up the world to greater colors, richer experiences, and better opportunities.
4. Being unkind to someone allows that negative interaction to develop the seedling of what could become a habit of being unkind.
5. When you lack kindness, life becomes dark or light (mostly dark). People become good or bad (mostly bad). And soon, a deep-seated bitterness sets in and everyone appears to be against you.
6. Being unkind forces you to automatically put up your defenses, which - once risen - are difficult to take down.
7. When you're unkind to people, they live rent-free in your head.
8. Being kind is better for your mental, emotional, and even your physical health.
9. Being kind just feels good!
10. Being unkind has never led to creating a better painting, writing a better book, or singing a better song.