I am a monster to-do list creator. Always have been. It's such an ingrained habit that I almost never stop to consider the benefits of engaging in this daily (often hourly) routine. So, I decided to create this list to better clarify and reinforce this habit of creating to-do lists so it feels more intentional and less automatic.
1. I can outsource the mental energy required to remember something to a to-do list.
2. Writing things down has been proven to reduce anxiety.
3. My values can be clarified and prioritized by sorting them on a list.
4. I can better organize and prioritize my ideas and plans.
5. I get a feeling of achievement (dopamine hit) each time an item is crossed of a list.
6. Completing items on a to-list increases motivation.
7. Writing things down reduces the likelihood of forgetting something.
8. I am always more productive with a to-do list.
9. I know that I do not have to worry about how I am going to manage X thing I have to do in the future because I have it planned out on a list.
10. People can rely on me to do things for them because I always have their requests written down.