10 things I learned from The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future by Skip Prichard
This was written as a story instead of a straightforward list of advice. It was pretty transparent but a useful way to present these ideas.
1. Don’t live someone else’s dream
2. Don’t think about what you want to do, think about who you want to be
3. Don’t let other people define who you are. Family can set your limitations and label you with long term limiting self beliefs
A life well lived is a life true to yourself. Know your value and give yourself permission to live
4. Don’t make excuses and don’t accept them
Guard the microphone of your internal self talk.
5. Behind every excuse is a door to greatness
6. Be careful who your friends are
You can gain weight together or gain wealth together
7. All growth requires discomfort: don’t stay in your comfort zone
Try new things. Comfort is a prison.
8. Don’t allow temporary setbacks to become permanent
Every circumstance is temporary.
9. Great people stand out, and being authentic helps you stand out.
10. Live each day as if it your first and your last
Have a sense of urgency but also take the time to plan and think of your purpose and what will be a good use of time.