13 MORE Interesting Headlines/Ads From Success Magazine in May 1906
These ads are 116 years old.
1. Young Man: A Chance For You To Make Money
Selling cotton candy!
2. Money In Bananas
Is the title of a book that tells how and where are bananas grow and the wonderful possibilities in the banana industry for investors.
3. A Practical Invention That Develops Hair Growth
4. A New Household Necessity A Portable Vibrator
No comment. 😀
5. $8,000 To $10,000 Yearly
Owning Merry Go Rounds!
6. Rat Bis-Kit
Die in open air seeking water
7. Good Piano Tuners Earn $5 To $15 Per Day
8. The Razor Must Pay For Itself Before You Pay Me A Penny
I really wonder how this ad did. They say a confused mind says no and this ad is confusing. "You see the Sterling razor is so much better than any other razor that I can afford to send one without any payment or deposit. When you have tested it seven days, if you feel it the finest and easiest shaving razor you ever used, keep it up. Then the razor must pay for itself, that's my new plan. You see, the average man should be shaved at least three times a week… At $.15 a shave that's $.45 a week for shaving. So if you decide to keep the razor, all I ask you to pay me is what you pay the barber, $.45 a week for a few weeks until the razor is paid off. "
9. $5,000 A Year Is A Good Income
10. Are You Deaf?
12. “Look Here!” Said The Business Man…”You say a Y and E Copier makes an exact facsimile…”
13. That May Be The Reason
This ad was on the back of the magazine. "If your mental and physical machinery does not work smoothly, it may or may not be the coffee"