1. National Security Multi-mission Vessel
2. New single Class of Training Ship destined for 5 of the state run maritime academies in the United States
3. Not included is the federal United States Merchant Marine Academy USMMA
4. The first one is named the Empire State VII, and will be going to the State University of New York Maritime College
5. Work has begun on the second and third vessels.
6. One is scheduled to be delivered each year, starting in Spring 2023
7. The program is already behind schedule.
8. In addition to their primary function of training, the vessels will be available for humanitarian aid and/or relief missions in times of Emergency.
9. These ships represent a significant investment in the next generation of mariners in the U.S.