Disgusting Food You've Tried
These three are the most disgusting foods that I've tried that come to mind.
- Vitamin B12: 3,460% of the RDI. Vitamin B12 helps the formation of red blood cells and DNA. It is also involved in healthy brain function (2Trusted Source).
- Vitamin A: 860–1,100% of the RDI. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, immune function and reproduction. It also helps organs like the heart and kidneys function properly (3Trusted Source).
- Riboflavin (B2): 210–260% of the RDI. Riboflavin is important for cellular development and function. It also helps turn food into energy (4Trusted Source).
- Folate (B9): 65% of the RDI. Folate is an essential nutrient that plays a role in cell growth and the formation of DNA (5Trusted Source).
- Iron: 80% of the RDI, or 35% for women of menstruating age. Iron is another essential nutrient that helps carry oxygen around the body. The iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body (6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).
- Copper: 1,620% of the RDI. Copper acts like a key to activate a number of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function (8).
- Choline: Liver provides all of the Adequate Intake (AI) for women and nearly all of it for men (AI is used because there is insufficient evidence to set an RDI). Choline is important for brain development and liver function (9Trusted Source, 10).
1. Chicken feet
They taste just as bad as they look.
2. Beef liver
Blech.....very nutritious though if you can bring yourself to eat it. It is the most nutritious meat one can eat. The nutritional profile of liver is exceptional.
Here are the nutrients found in a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of beef liver (1):
They smell terrible.....but the taste isn't nearly as bad as the smell. Still, I'll pass the next time someone offers me some.