Folders to organize In-laws financial
As we are helping my in laws after several health challenges, keeping up with their bills and finances (can you say paper trail .... or in my dyslexic state- paper trial) I have attempted to start a sorting system to evolve digitally
1. Bank Statements- from ALL their banks, with individual and joint accounts.
2. Other Financial statements - brokerage accounts, IRA - important to know where easy cash is for things like now.
3. 2022 Medical invoices: appointments, hospitals, rehabs......
4. Medications/ receipts, pharmacies
5. Parking receipts/ mileage(?)/ medical supplies
6. Long Term Care Policy info/ forms/ data- if you are lucky enough to have this
7. Utilities and other monthly fixed expenses.
8. Other household/ groceries... to help us figure the budget- including annual or semi- annual (ins, etc)
10. Caregiving/ other assistant costs