Ideas for 1st time Runner
For a marathon you need to maintain your pace throughout the journey, neither fast nor slow, the goals always needs to be completing the race.
For a sprinter, you goal is too reach finishing lines as fast as you can.
1. Start small distances and maintain the record for 1 week and then increase accordingly.
Have a goal in mind and after achieving it, maintaing it on a regular basis.
2. Leave all of the belongings at home like water, mobile, headphones etc.
Let the thoughts move in your brain instead of a mobile taking hold of your brain. After a time, you might start feeling thoughtlessness.
3. If running a >5km, complete last 100 meters in full speed.
While doing so, I have felt electricity running through me to each and every body part of mine. A live electric wire on run. Felt Awesome.
4. Sometimes, you might feel to stop in between while running a long distance (>5km).
Say to your mind that my legs would keep on running until I reach to my goal or I fall to ground.
5. Give more importance to mindset instead of apparels, shoes. Running can happen with bare foot and naked body. Bingo!.
6. Stretch your legs and hands before and after completing a run. Do 10 pushups, pull-ups after running, as your body is warm it might respond positively.
Would be helpful in saving from an injury.
7. On a long run, take 2 inhales and 1 exhale continuously. Also, if you concentrate on breath while running(can only in a park or non-vehicle road) it would be same as doing Run meditation.
8. Wear only one clothe over upper body, either vest or t-shirt. Wear socks if you don't want to smell your sweat while wearing shoes again. Have a cap if running in hot/humid weather.
9. Do no eat before/while running. It might helps in containing the vomit. Have water before running.
10. After a long distance run, you might have leg-ache after 1-2 days but not on same day. So, be prepared.
On same day, you would be tired and you might want to get to sleep but won't get it. Next 1-2 days are going to be real tough for body as it might be recovering.