I'm in Barcelona. What Now?
Looks like I'll be here for the foreseeable future.
1. The stand up comedy scene seems great here
2. and American comedians come here to perform
Carmen Lynch was here recently, I went to see Tom Segura last night, and Michelle Wolf is performing on Thursday! I was sad to find out it was sold out.
(Fun fact: The first two I mentioned also perform in Spanish.)
3. Living here will help with learning Spanish
I know they also speak Catalan, which could get confusing, but I've read that Spanish is more common.
4. I'm excited to meet entrepreneurs and freelancers
One of the reasons that I wanted to move here.
5. I will probably regularly attend the weekly CouchSurfing meeting
This has always been my go-to way of socializing in a new city (or even at home in Brussels).
6. I'm excited to start new forms of exercise
I just contacted the krav maga school, so maybe I'll do that.
7. One of my childhood classmates lives here
We met up back in March and hit it off. From primary school!
8. I'm ready to start having a good social life again
LET'S FIND OUT WHO MY NEW FRIENDS WILL BE!
9. Do I want to live with roommates?
I've always said I didn't want to live in a shared apartment (I tried it a few times, not a fan). But maybe I would if the people seem cool, I don't know. It might help with Spanish. Right now I'm staying in an Airbnb for a month.
10. I need to take advantage of the beach
Living in a sunny city by the sea is a privilege.