My 10 Tips on Maintaining a Streak
1. Start a list at the end of your day so you have something to work with in the morning
2. Start your list as early as possible in your day
Either first thing in the morning, or right after your other morning priorities (exercise, meditation, journaling, ...)
3. Spend a few minutes on it after each cup of coffee or tea
4. Work on it while you're on the toilet
5. Spend a few minutes on it whenever you enter and exit a building
6. Only allow yourself a specific pleasant activity once you're done with your list
For example, don't listen to your favorite podcast until you've published or scheduled your ideas.
7. Set a reminder on your phone
8. Place physical reminders around your home
9. Use a productivity box
Whenever you're done with a list, write it down on a piece of paper (you could write the name of your list, your complete list, or just the date) and place it inside a box. This will give you a sense of achievement, which is likely to make you look forward to that moment every day. You could also use a productivity pouch, which might be preferable, so you can carry it around with you.
10. Get an idea buddy
An accountability buddy for idea lists. Would anybody like to be mine?