Notes for Appearance on Fox 5 News with Luca the AussieDoodle
Going to be on the local news tomorrow talking all about dogs and a Dog Easter Egg Hunt at Pet Power Studio PuppyPicnicCo K9Coaching
1. Dogs rely on their sense of smell more than anything else. With 300 million olfactory receptors compared to our mere 5 million, their nose is their superpower!
2. Start by introducing your dog to the snuffle mat in a calm and controlled environment.
3. Use high-value treats to encourage your dog to sniff and explore the mat.
4. As your dog becomes more comfortable with the mat, start hiding treats within the folds of the fabric.
5. Encourage your dog to use their nose to find the hidden treats by using cues like "find it" or "sniff it out".
6. Increase the difficulty level gradually by hiding treats deeper within the mat or using different types of fabric and textures.
7. Always supervise your dog during snuffle mat playtime to ensure their safety.
8. Once your dog becomes proficient at finding treats in the snuffle mat, you can start using it to teach them to sniff out specific scents or objects.
9. Be patient and consistent with your training, and remember to reward your dog for their progress.