Try to write a story in the form of a list
The story of a boy wizard with a few twists.
My life sucks. Here are my main complaints:
1. My parents died when I was a baby, I don't even remember them.
2. I am being raised by my aunt and uncle, who hate me. Not to mention my cousin, who is a spoiled brat bully, who also hates me. But I hate them too, so we're even.
3. They all forgot my birthday. Again.
4. Apparently there has been mail for me, but they won't give it to me, the f*ckers.
5. My cousin is going to boarding school next year, and getting all new uniforms, books, etc. I am going to the local public school in his huge, gross hand-me-downs. At least I won't have to see his ugly face everyday anymore.
6. We are on the run from a giant. I am not even joking.
7. I have now been kidnapped by the giant.
8. Ok. My parents apparently were famous or something, and they left me a sh*t ton of money. Maybe that is why the giant kidnapped me? Ransom?
9. Nope. The giant wanted to give ME my money and let me know I am invited to a secret boarding school. I am now switching from complaints to gratitude...
Switching to gratitude list in 3...2...1: