This is a theme of a lot of good advice: eat the frog (Brian Tracy), the longest journey begins with a single step, the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is now, etc.
What are 10 benefits to approaching life this way?
1. You will be more productiveIf you are doing the thing you most want to do every day, then you are definitely being productive.
2. You will have more energyI always have more energy after I eat the frog.
3. Less stress and anxietyLess time worrying about what I am not doing or procrastinating on.
4. Better sleepLess time worrying about what I am not doing or procrastinating on.
5. Better health (maybe)If you are exercising regularly and eating well, then it's hard to argue that this approach is not healthier than a life of chronic stress and poor diet.
6. More creativityWhen I am writing on a regular basis then I always feel like there is more creativity in my life. It's hard to tell if this is true but it feels true.
7. Greater focus on the things that matter most to you.The reason people procrastinate is because they don't know where their priorities should be placed so they put off making any decisions until they figure it out. This rarely happens so we spend a lot of time thinking about it instead of just doing something and learning from the experience later on. This approach removes that problem for many people.
8. More fun! (if done with friends)It's fun to do things with friends, especially if those things are ones that your friends also love to do (and if they are loving life). Again, this only works if done with friends since having fun is one of the main benefits to "doing the thing".