What are some tactics you've learned to deal with the "Winter Blues"/Seasonal Depression
1. Go for a walk outside everyday, no matter the weather. Bundle up!
2. Do a massive declutter of the house.
3. Stop eating sugar.
4. Keep the kitchen clean and ready to cook delicious soups and stews.
5. Invite people over to enjoy the soups/stews together.
6. Sketch everyday. Add color with watercolor, colored pencils, crayons, or whatever.
7. Put a bird feeder outside a window and watch the birds. Get a book or poster so you can identify them.
8. Look around and list 10 things you are grateful for.
9. Read your favorite genre of fiction, preferably with a mug of hot tea in front of the fire.
Unfortunately I don't have a fireplace but I just bought an electric heater/fireplace thing, which makes the living room feel cozy.