9 Ideas To Start And Realize Your Most Beautiful Project. The Domino Effect
A long time ago I read the book “The ONE Thing” by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan
And today I realize how much the visual with the Domino Effect has marked and helped me.
1. The biggest projects all start with an action. The most insignificant one.
The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.
— Sun Yat-sen
2. The experience of the Domino Effect.
You may have seen this experiment on youtube (see below) the author explains and demonstrates that each domino is able to push and drop one and a half times its size.
He starts with a 0,5 mm domino and end at 13 dominoes, he drops a 45 kilos piece. If he continues, at 29 dominoes, he will knock down the Empire State Building.
This is the power of one small action. It rolls and each one advances your project with a multiplying force.
3. View the big picture. What do you want to do? Dream big. I use my life plan as an exercise and a guide.
4. Don’t try to create a plan for the destination.
5. Look for the very first actions—your domino of a few millimeters.
6. Launch the action.
7. Move on to the next one.
8. Do it for a long time.
9. One day, you’ll have your “Empire state building” moment.
The 29 dominoes have the power to knock down the Empire State Building.(see idea 2)
Imagine what impact your consistent and well-chosen actions can have.